The IAG Stage 2.5 Short Block starts with brand new Subaru 2.5L engine case halves. IAG machines the case halves assembled together in their Haas VF-4SS CNC mill to accept the IAG CLOSED Deck Inserts that transform the block into a solid deck. The unique inserts feature small passages that allow needed coolant flow to the deck surface. Next, the short block is Deck Plate bored and honed to 99.75mm in their in-house Sunnen SV-30 the most advanced automotive cylinder hone available. IAG's in-house honing process is able to set custom piston to wall clearances to best fit your needs. The modified case halves are then assembled using a new 2017+ Subaru 2.5L nitride treated STI crankshaft that is matched to ACL or King race main bearings. IAG-Spec Tuff H-Beam connecting rods and ARP rod bolts are utilized along with ACL or King race rod bearings. The case halves are sealed with new OEM main/case bolts and sealant (upgrading to ARP mains requires line honing). Finally, IAG-Spec 99.75mm JE FSR 2618 Forged Pistons with .210" 9310 Steel Wrist Pins are added to finish the Stage 2.5 short block.
Stage 2.5 Closed Deck Includes:
- Case Halves - Converted to Closed Deck using brand new Subaru OEM case halves, bored and honed to 99.75mm.
- Pistons - IAG-Spec JE FSR 99.75mm 2618 Forged Pistons, Ring Set, .210" 9310 Steel Wrist Pins, Clips, (Perfect Skirt Coating and Offset Wrist Pins)
- Connecting Rods - IAG-Spec Tuff H-Beam / ARP2000 Rod Bolts.
- Rod / Main Bearings - ACL or King Race bearings.
- Crankshaft - Standard New Subaru Nitride Treated 2017+ STI Crankshaft.
- Case / Main Bolts - Standard FHI Subaru case bolts.
This is a landed cost, all shipping and duty included. No extra costs if picked up.